Weather Delay Information
10 AM Start Information
In the event of inclement weather, the School District may call for a 10am start to give time for road, sidewalk, and weather conditions to improve. In the event of a 10am start, it’s important to note that ALL MTLSD buildings are starting at the same time. This can create some congested traffic situations near our building with both Mellon and Washington Elementary School starting at the same time. Please keep that in mind as you plan your child’s school arrival on those days.
Here is some helpful information to navigate 10am start mornings:
- The cafeteria is open to all students, whether they are eating or not, starting at 9:15am. Students should enter entrance D-12. Breakfast is available in the cafeteria for purchase as usual.
- The building is open starting at 9:45am and students may enter through entrance A1.
- Students are expected to be in homeroom by 10:00am.
- School staff will still be reporting as reasonably close to normal starting times as possible. There should be someone at the school to answer any morning questions, etc.
- Any field trip scheduled to leave prior to 10am will be CANCELLED.
- Accelerated mathematics students that take a class at the high school should still report to the high school for first period. A bus will transport students from the high school to Mellon at the end of first period.
If you have any questions or concerns on 10am starts, please don’t hesitate to contact the main office at (412) 344-2122.